For years you’ve been asking for egg free recipes. And for years I’ve given you very few- eggs have been an inexpensive, nutritious, and versatile source of protein for our diet for the past 5 years and since we didn’t need to remove them, I didn’t have many recipes to share with you.
But now I have a nursling who, through trial and error with my diet, is determined to be getting eczema from eggs. We’ll be egg free until he’s starting solids, then I’ll put us both through the GAPS intro at about 12 months, just like I did with my 5-year-old for his dairy-caused eczema.
I was able to catch this fairly quickly, and since I have experience changing my diet it’s really not that big of a deal for us. I’m glad I can help this little guy!
So, what will we eat with an egg allergy?
Here are some ideas:
- Breakfast sausage
- Smoothies made with coconut milk
- Cocoa truffles
- Sesame Seed Crackers
- Veggie-packed meatballs
- Chicken salad made with egg free mayo
- Ants on a log (celery with peanutbutter and raisins)
- Salmon patties work without the eggs
- Eggless mayo
- Liver pate
- Lentil burgers
- Chilled beet soup
- Burrito Bowls
- Toasted sesame stir fry
- Spaghetti Squash with meat sauce
- Crispy Nuts
- Chocolate gelatin ‘pudding’
- Pineapple Coconut gummies
- Apricot Dehydrator Cookies
- Chia pudding
- Celery root hash browns