We’ve lost of art of healing through nutrition, cooking from scratch without spending all day in the kitchen, and using natural remedies or supplements before heading to the pharmacy. These are very basic essentials that are easy for anyone to learn.
The heart of the home is the kitchen. Healthy families are made where care is taken with how food is chosen, stored, prepared, and served. These basics are a must for everyone who eats.
- How to follow a recipe. Following the recipe is the first step, make sure you’re not making any of these all-too-common errors.
- How to choose quality meat.
- Knife basics (video). A nice knife and some decent knife skills help turn cooking from a chore to a pleasure.
- How to start a pantry makeover from standard american diet to real food.
- How to make chicken stock from scratch.
- How to roast a chicken.
- Homemade Yogurt. For about 15 minutes hands-on time, you can make a gallon of yogurt for just slightly over the cost of a gallon of milk! Make yogurt using milk you trust, for a huge savings.
- Soak and cook dry beans. Learning to cook dried beans not only saves money, but pantry space as you won’t have cans and cans of beans taking up room.
- How to cook winter squash easily.
- How to make mayonnaise.
- How to ferment vegetables and fruits to preserve and get probiotics.
- Know what lasts how long in the fridge.
- How to stock the freezer.
- How to put that slow cooker to use.
- A smoothie formula that works every time.
- How to make a good homemade soup with what you have on hand.
- How to make homemade mixes.
- How to slice a watermelon quickly.
- 5 easy meals that are faster than fast food.
- How to know your olive oil is fake.
Health and Wellness
Sometimes instead of a trip to the pharmacy or the medicine cabinet, we need to rely less on what the little boxes lined up on the shelves at CVS say we need, and more on what our great grandmothers used. If an illness persists, or you’re unsure, of course consult with a qualified healthcare professional. But for little sniffles, and other maladies caught in time, you may be able to prevent something from getting worse by using stuff you already have at home.
- A cold remedy using honey and cinnamon.
- How to make ginger tea for an upset stomach and sore throats.
- How to use olive oil and garlic for an earache.
- How to help sleep come naturally with epsom salts and/or tart cherry juice or sleepy time tea.
- How to soothe a burn or sting with lavender oil.
- How to stock a natural first aid kit.
- How to use lavender/peppermint/lemon oil for seasonal allergies.
- How to treat a UTI with cranberry.
- How to boost the immune system with elderberry.
- How to boost milk supply naturally.
- How to do an elimination diet.
- How to avoid taking supplements that aren’t working.
- How to use amino acids to quit coffee or other addictions.
- How to use amino acids for mood support.
- How to choose a high-quality probiotic.
- How to use probiotics when traveling to prevent upset stomach.
- What the gut-brain connection is, and how what you eat affects how you think.
- How to choose a dentist.
- How to ask questions when choosing a OB or midwife.
- The difference between folate and folic acid and MTHFR
Homemade Toiletries, Cosmetics, and Cleaners
Once we realize how much better we feel when we’re putting whole healthy foods into our bodies, the next logical step is to examine what we’re putting on our skin and breathing in as we clean. These natural alternatives are all fast to put together, they work, and they will save you boat loads of money.
- How to make your own lip balm.
- How to make your own easy lotion.
- Teeth Whitening with Charcoal.
- Deodorant that really works.
- Oil-cleansing method for washing your face.
- Dryer Balls that even the kids can make (great gifts!)
- Vinegar to wash the windows.
- Beeswax candles are worth making yourself for an enormous cost savings.
- How to purify the air with salt lamps.
- How important it is to use shower filters.
Parenting With Passion
Parenting these little guys takes effort, a sense of humor, and lots of thinking outside the box! These how-tos will get you started:
- How to assert yourself with your doctor.
- How to change an intact boy.
- How to cloth diaper.
- How to troubleshoot breastfeeding.
- Allow yourself to allow your children to be bored.
- How to get rid of the toys they don’t play with.
- How to treat children without junk food.
- How to deal with picky eaters.
- How to involve the kids in the kitchen.
- How to set evening traditions for a happy dinner table.
Stress reduction techniques for healthy minds
- How to meditate without looking weird.
- How to prioritize exercise and outdoors time for stress relief.
- How to eliminate excess stuff so you can live your life.
- How to put together a capsule wardrobe.
- How to regulate technology use.
- Why you should turn off your wifi at night.
- Earthing for stress reduction.
- Anxiety: why the root is in the gut. Information about the gut-brain connection that everyone should understand.
- Miracle morning: How you start impacts your whole day.
- How to become unbusy.
Free for this month!
20 Grain-Free treat recipes including Mouth-Watering Bacon Roses, Buttery Grain-Free Shortbread, Creamy Coconut Vanilla Custard, and MORE!