Butternut squash soup is rich and creamy, and the bone broth makes it nutrient dense as well. Butternut squash soup is one of my favorite fall meals, it just invites you to light a beeswax candle with dinner, doesn’t it?
Garnish with thyme or other fresh herbs and serve with grain free banana-nut muffins.
- ½ large butternut squash or a whole medium squash, peeled and cubed (1.5-2 lbs total)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 pint chicken stock (recipe)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 inch ginger root
- 2 cloves garlic
- Filtered water
- Peel and cube half a large butternut squash, or a whole medium one (approx 2 lbs)
- In a medium sized pot, melt butter over medium heat, and add the butternut squash, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes.
- Add in chicken stock.
- Crush the garlic and thinly dice the ginger, add.
- Add salt.
- Fill the pot as needed with water, to within one inch of the top.
- Cover and cook on medium-low for an hour, until the squash is soft.
- Puree using an immersion blender.
- Top with cultured cream or coconut milk.
Free Ebook this month only: 20 Grain-Free Breakfast Recipes
20 Delicious Breakfast Recipes suitable for GAPS and Paleo diets!