Puddings can be thickened with just eggs, which makes them suitable for the GAPS Diet, which doesn’t allow corn starch or arrowroot powder, both common thickeners. This delicious banana pudding uses carmealized bananas, so delicious! Sprinkle cinnamon over the top of this paleo banana pudding and add some fresh banana rounds and you’re set for a delicious dessert.
- 1 can coconut milk
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 ripe bananas (with spots)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- In a sauce pan, whisk coconut milk, yolks, and vanilla over medium heat.
- Stir constantly until mixture starts to thicken, then remove from heat.
- In a frying pan heat coconut oil and butter over medium heat. Mash bananas with a fork and add mashed bananas and cinnamon to hot oil.
- Cook for 5 minutes, until bananas are slightly caramelized.
- Pour the coconut milk and egg mixture into a food processor along with the cooked bananas and process until smooth and creamy (or use an immersion blender in the sauce pan to save on dishes!)
- Pour into a bowl and place a layer of plastic wrap directly on the surface, this will prevent a skin from forming. Serve chilled.
Love this recipe? Want 19 more that you’ll love just as much?! Check out this month’s free e-book, 20 Treats! Free download, click here and I’ll send it right to your inbox.
Free Ebook this month only: 20 Grain-Free Breakfast Recipes
20 Delicious Breakfast Recipes suitable for GAPS and Paleo diets!