By baking bacon, we can do a whole pound or two at once, and get it perfect every time. No more standing at the stove, getting splattered in bacon grease every Saturday morning. Bake up a bunch of bacon and have a slice or two every day from the fridge!
- ½ to 1 pound sugar-free bacon (find sugar-free bacon here)
- Lay out 1 pound bacon on a baking sheet, sides can be slightly overlapping as they will shrink by about 20%.
- Bake at 350* for 25 minutes.
- Drain on papertowels.
- Once slightly cool, but still melted, reserve fat in a mason jar to use for cooking.
Ideas for using bacon grease:
- Use as your fat to cook eggs in
- Use to caramelize onions
- Replace half the oil with barely-liquid (but not hot) bacon grease when you make mayo to make bacon-infused mayonnaise.
- Stir fry cauliflower rice with a tablespoon of melted bacon grease.
- Add to deviled egg filling for a bacon-taste.
- Use to brown roasts before pressure cooking or roasting.
- Replace half the butter oil oil in sweet recipes with bacon grease for an unexpected subtle bacon flavor.
Learn how to heal leaky gut
60-page ebook of all my best GAPS Diet (Gut and Psychology Syndrome) articles all in one place.