The grain free meal plan is:
- The Grain Free Meal Plan is a guide to help you with meal ideas to help you follow a grain and refined sugar free diet, the Specific Carbohydrate Diet, and the Gut and Psychology Syndrome Diet.
- The Grain Free Meal Plan includes nutrient dense foods, including liver at least once a week and fish at least once a week. If you are not ready to try liver yet, ground beef can easily be substituted.
- The Grain Free Meal Plan takes seasons into account, using foods that are in season for cost savings, flavor, and because it’s fun to use seasonal foods available with CSAs (community supported agriculture), roadside stands, and farmer’s markets!
- The Grain Free Meal Plan provides a guideline and recipes for three meals a day plus a snack idea for each day, seven days a week!
- The Grain Free Meal Plan provides simple meal suggestions and menu considerations for major American holidays such as New Year, Valentine’s Day, Passover, Easter, etc.
- The Grain Free Meal Plan provides detailed instructions and recipes for each meal, no cross referencing multiple cook books, blogs, or websites needed!
- The Grain Free Meal Plan is designed with families in mind! I’m a mom of two little ones, one with special needs, so I know what it’s like to try and cook with little ones underfoot and my recipes reflect this.
- The Grain Free Meal Plan now has nearly all dairy as being optional only, for our dairy free subscribers.
The grain free menu plan is not:
- A substitute for medical advice. If you have any questions about whether this is the correct diet for you or your family, please contact a qualified healthcare professional.
- A substitute for reading the following books: Breaking The Vicious Cycle by Elaine Gottschall and Gut and Psychology Syndrome by Dr. Natasha Campbell-McBride. The GAPS Guide is helpful for getting started on the diet if it seems overwhelming at first. All three books are available at the GAPS Online Store, found on myResources Page. These books are essential if you are intending to use this menu plan to help heal autism, ADD/ADHD, any mental health disorder, digestive issues, or anything similar. If you are using this diet just to reduce the amount of grains your family consumes, or for meal ideas, then of course it is not necessary to read the books.
- A strictly seasonal or local meal plan. The Grain Free Meal Plan uses lots of seasonal foods, but does use ingredients such as important coconut oil and flour, squash outside of its season, and vegetables and fruits year around.
- Egg, nut, or other allergen-free. The Grain Free Meal Plan uses the full list of ‘allowed’ foods on the Specific Carbohydrate Diet, including cultured dairy (mostly optional), nuts, and eggs. The diet is free of gluten, corn, other grains, starch, refined sugar, and other foods not allowed on SCD. While I understand some people are unable to tolerate specific foods that are allowed on the diet, but I have not been able to provide substitutions for all of these dietary restrictions. The first dietary restriction that I will be working on, as time allows, is a dairy free version of the Grain Free Meal Plan.
- The Grain Free Meal Plan is not necessary to follow 100%. It is important for healing for the list of legal/illegal foods on the specific carbohydrate diet to be followed if you are following that diet, but it is not necessary to prepare every dish and recipe on the Grain Free Meal Plan. In the last year that I have kept my daughter on the Specific Carbohydrate/Gut and Psychology Syndrome Diet, there have been some hectic days where we ate scrambled eggs with sliced apples 3 meals a day, or organic sugar and nitrate free hot dogs for dinner 3 nights in a row. The recipes are meant to be helpful ideas, and I certainly would not expect anyone to prepare every single dish week in and week out! Though, if you love to cook, you may enjoy it and in that case go ahead!
Free for this month!
20 Grain-Free treat recipes including Mouth-Watering Bacon Roses, Buttery Grain-Free Shortbread, Creamy Coconut Vanilla Custard, and MORE!