Without the stand-by of cold breakfast cereal, sometimes we just need something quick and easy to hand the kids on the way out the door on an especially rushed morning. I keep a batch of these breakfast cookies in the back of my fridge for just a morning such as that (or, let’s be honest- most Thursday mornings!). They also pack really well into backpacks for hiking and lunchboxes, and are sweet enough to be served as a dessert as well.
- ½ cup honey
- 1-1/4 cup peanutbutter
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1-1/2 cups flaked coconut (more if needed)
- Over medium-high heat, heat the honey to boil, and continue cooking, stirring occasionally over medium heat, for 3 minutes. Honey will be bubbling and starting to darken, but not be completely dark brown at this point. This is the firm ball stage.
- Turn off burner and add the peanutbutter and sea salt. Allow to sit for 5 minutes, or until the peanutbutter becomes more melty and stirs easily into the honey.
- Add in coconut while stirring. Add in more coconut if needed to make the mixture the consistency of cookie dough.
- Lay out parchment and, using a heaping tablespoon of the mixture, form into cookie shapes. Allow to cool to room temperature, and then store covered in the fridge.
Do you love BREAKFAST? Me too! That’s why there is breakfast included in my grain-free meal plans, I help you get grain-free breakfasts on the table FAST every morning – 7 days a week!
And as a special gift this month, you can download 20 free breakfast recipes by clicking here.
Free Ebook this month only: 20 Grain-Free Breakfast Recipes
20 Delicious Breakfast Recipes suitable for GAPS and Paleo diets!