With broccoli and onions available fresh in the winter, and peas being easy to find frozen, this salad is perfect for winter. The peas give it a bit of sweetness, and with the soft, but easy to pick up, vegetables, this salad is perfect for toddlers and young children.
Tips: To save work, purchase frozen broccoli and just thaw it for use in the salad. Once covered in dressing, the onions will lose their heat once the salad has been made and chilled for a few hours or overnight,leaving just flavor, a hint of sweetness, and crunch.
- 1 pound broccoli, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas
- ½ cup nuts, chopped (optional)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup honey
- Or you can use ranch dressing (recipe here)
- Gently steam broccoli, onion and peas just 5-7 minutes or until broccoli is bright green.
- Whisk dressing ingredients.
- Toss veggies, nuts and dressing and serve chilled or warm.
Grain-Free Holiday Desserts, Breakfasts, and Side Dishes
Candied Butternut Squash, Zesty Lime Custard, Honey-Sweetened Pecan Pie, Slow Cooker Cranberry Sauce, and 10 more holiday recipes that you'll love for the way they taste and the way they make you feel.