As we talked about with our recipe for the Nutbutter Cup Fat Bombs, increasing fat intake is a part of many healing diets. These delicious strawberry cheesecake fat bombs can be made easily at home, and if you use dripped yogurt in place of the cream cheese they are GAPS legal and rich in probiotics.
Read more: Why You Need Fat Bombs
- 6 ounces (3/4 of a cup) full fat cream cheese or homemade yogurt cheese, dripped (directions here)
- 2.5 ounces (5 tablespoons) butter, softened
- 6 strawberries
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 ounce (3 tablespoons) melted coconut oil (I like this coconut oil)
- 3 packets Stevia (optional) (I like this kind)
- ⅛ teaspoons sea salt (I like this kind)
- Pretty flower candy mold to make shapes (optional) (find here)
- In a food processor combine all ingredients and puree until smooth.
- Use a rubber spatula to spread strawberry mixture into candy mold.
- If not using candy mold, spread evenly into a parchment-lined loaf pan.
- Freeze for 1 hour, and then cut into 12 pieces if using a loaf pan. Continue freezing until solid, another 1-2 hours.
- Pop out of candy mold or loaf pan and store in a covered container in the freezer.
- For best taste, allow to thaw 15 minutes before eating.
Nutrition data uses packaged cream cheese as homemade yogurt cheese will vary based on the kind of milk used and other factors.
Learn how to heal leaky gut
60-page ebook of all my best GAPS Diet (Gut and Psychology Syndrome) articles all in one place.